The following is copy and pasted from the host:
Tea-ology Reading Challenge (formerly Share-a-Tea)
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (formerly Becky’s Book Reviews) (sign up here)
Duration: Perpetual but starting anew each January
# of books: Readers Decide
This challenge is all about celebrating SLOWING DOWN and SAVORING the moments. This challenge is about QUALITY and not quantity. This is an anti-rush reading challenge. Enjoy where you are in a book, and, engage fully in it. Live in the book.
Love drinking tea? Love reading books? Love reading a book while drinking tea? Have I got a reading challenge for you!
Who can join? Anyone who enjoys reading. You don’t need to have a blog. You don’t need to have a twitter account. Are coffee drinkers welcome? Well. You can still join in, I suppose. But you might be outnumbered by tea drinkers.
Which books count?
- The Bible (any translation)
- Christian Biography/Autobiography
- Christian Living
- Christian Nonfiction
- Christian Theology
- Christian Bible Studies
- Letters, Journals, Diaries, etc.
Does anything else count?
- Watching or listening to sermons; just be sure to make note of what you’re watching and perhaps jot down a note or two to remind you what it was about.
- Listening to audio bibles (again just keep track of what you’re listening to)
- Listening to audio books (again just keep track…)
- Listening to praise/worship albums (again just keep track…)
1) When you sign up in a comment below, share one favorite tea and one favorite book. And if you’ve got one handy: a favorite quote.
2) If you write a post on your blog announcing the challenge (and making a place to keep track of what you’ve read), consider sharing a bit about yourself–your reading and drinking habits. You might consider a longer list of recommendations!
3) If you’re on twitter, tweet me as often as you like @operationbible Tweet about favorite teas, favorite books, favorite authors, favorite quotes, what you’re currently reading, what you’ve just finished reading, etc.
I will be sharing my progress throughout the year. I haven’t decided if it will be every week, every other week, every month. If you have a preference, let me know when you sign up. You are more than welcome to share your progress in the comments of my progress posts.
My tea drinking is diverse and serious.
Each morning after drinking 1 cup of warm lemon water I make a pot of tea. My tea pot holds 3 big cups. I drink at least 2. I actually drink a tea latte. I almost always use loose leaf tea by Harney and Sons or Stash. English breakfast is my favorite morning tea. I drink Earl Grey sometimes. An honorable mention for morning tea is Paris by Harney and Sons. It is a blended tea. Delicious.
Some other favorite teas I drink during the day: Tazo Organic Baked Cinnamon Apple, Tazo Wild Apple Sarsaparilla, Twinings Green Tea with Jasmine, 365 Whole Foods brand Black Tea, and Hemp Morninga Deep Sleep by Harney and Sons.
My favorite books:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
David Copperfield and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Macbeth and Hamlet by Shakespeare
Knowing God by J. I Packer
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Any story by J. R. R. Tolkien