Publisher and Publication Date: William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. First published 1937. This edition published in 2020.
Format: Trade paperback.
Audience: Mystery readers.
Rating: Very good.
Link for the book at Amazon.
Link for the author page at Goodreads: Agatha Christie.
Goodreads states Death on the Nile is #18 in the Hercule Poirot Mystery series.
Link to the website of Agatha Christie.
Link to Biography on the life of Agatha Christie.
Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie, Lady Mallowan, DBE (née Miller) was born on September 15, 1890. She died January 12, 1976.
A cruise along the Nile River in Egypt is the setting for a series of murders. A famous wealthy heiress named Linnet Ridgeway had been shot in the head. She had recently married. Hercule Poirot is a passenger on the cruise ship. He is the investigator of this case.
This is the first Agatha Christie story I’ve read! Yes. Truth. It will definitely not be my last!
I love this mystery story. I am already a fan of Christie. I am already a fan of Hercule Poirot.
Several things I love about this mystery story:
1. I love the strong dialogue. I love the various personalities that come through in their speech. I love the mannerisms that are shown while speaking. I love the emotion. I love the hints of things behind what the characters are saying. For example, when the characters are lying. I love the judgements or criticism one character makes about the other.
2. I love the crisp descriptions of the people. I can easily picture them in my mind. Most of them are aristocratic type people with clothing and attire that is remarked on in keen description.
3. I can tell Christie was an astute observer of people and this shows through in her writing.
4. Hercule Poirot is an eccentric, interesting, fantastic sleuth character. He is a gentleman, calm, observable, wise, and intelligent man in regards to people. His attire is an added bonus.
5. I love the way Poirot’s mind processes the information and how he solves the case.
6. A little surprise at the end.
2 thoughts on “[Review] Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie”
This is one of my favorite Agatha Christie mysteries. I also recommend the movie after reading the book! I enjoyed it very much. (David Suchet is Hercule Poirot)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love this book!
LikeLiked by 1 person